How To Clean and Maintain My Wood Floors, Wood Floor Maintenance and Care Guide:
Wood Floors are a lifetime investment, and decisions concerning them should not be taken lightly
Routine maintenance should include protecting the surface finish from moisture and heavy wear which creates scratches. This maintenance requires more than sweeping and vacuuming.
Always clean your wood floors periodically with a professional wood floor cleaning product recommended by a wood flooring professional and/or the manufacturer of your particular hardwood floor product. Not doing so may void any warranty or guarantee on the product. we usuallly recommend Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner and Bruce Hardwood floor Cleaner.
- Wood floors are NOT impervious to the day to day grit, food, spills, and water.
- Preventive maintenance like area rugs, floor protectors (on ALL furniture on your wood floors), and routine maintenance with proper hardwood floor cleaner should always be exercised (improper products can contribute to additional wear, may VOID your warranty, and cause failure when recoating.
Care for ALL Wood Floors
- Do: Place Protector pads on ALL furniture legs on wood floor
- Do: Place walk off mats and area rugs in high traffic areas (make sure they stay dry and are cleaned underneath often).
- Do: Perform routine maintenance as recommended by manufacturer, this should include sweeping, vacuuming (with a soft brush attachment) and/or dust mopping to remove dirt and grit. Keep this as a regularly scheduled event, and stick to it. Always perform this process before and after a major event that involves a high volume of traffic on the floor.
- Do: Use the proper cleaning pad with the manufacturer recommended cleaning solution. The pad should be slightly damp and well rung out. Make sure ALWAYS to use a clean pad/cloth each time your start the cleaning process. These pads can be washed after excessive buildup.
- Do: Keep high heel shoes in good repairs , as well as keeping your pets nails trimmed on a regular bases
- Do Not:Use WET mops
- Do Not: Use ammonia
- Do Not: Use dust cleaners
- Do Not: Track dirt, clean immediately
- Do Not: Use other floor cleaning products
- Do Not: Wax a urethane finish – NEVER!
Three simple steps:
2. Spray the proper cleaning solution
3. Clean with proper dust mop